Previously, Quintin Rayer asked why ethical investment matters, introduced sustainable (environmental, social and governance, or ESG) investing , and looked at different approaches to ethical investing. This article considers the selection of ethical funds, outlining some of the challenges investors face. Future articles will explore topics including performance.
This article is the sixth in a series making up a helpful introduction to ethical and sustainable investing for IFAs unfamiliar with this topic. The previous articles can be found here:
- Q G Rayer (2017), Why ethical investment is crucial and not just ‘nice to have’, DISCUS, available at http://discus.org.uk/7831-2/, 3 pages, 27 July 2017.
- Q G Rayer (2017), An introduction to ESG investing (for advisers with ethically minded clients), DISCUS, available at http://discus.org.uk/sustainable-investing-and-its-focus-on-egs-factors/, 3 pages, 23 August 2017.
- Q G Rayer (2017), A brief history of ethical investing, DISCUS, available at http://discus.org.uk/brief-history-ethical-investing/, 3 pages, 19 September 2017.
- Q G Rayer (2017), Approaches to Ethical & Sustainable Investing: Screening and Best-in-Class, DISCUS, available at http://discus.org.uk/approaches-to-ethical-sustainable-investing-screening-and-best-in-class/, 4 pages, 26 October 2017.
- Q G Rayer (2017), What is ‘Tilting’ and ‘Influence and Engagement’ in sustainable investing? DISCUS, available at http://discus.org.uk/approaches-to-ethical-sustainable-investing-tilting-and-influence-and-engagement/, 4 pages, 20 November 2017.
Q G Rayer (2018), Selecting funds for ethical and sustainable investment, DISCUS, available at http://discus.org.uk/selecting-funds-ethical-sustainable-investment/, 3 pages, 11 January 2018.